Goyt Valley Striders welcomes enquiries from everybody and anybody interested in Running. If you would like further information about membership, our races, or any aspect of the club, then please contact The Striders using the links below. Alternatively you can contact the Membership secretary on the number or address below:
ANY QUESTIONS? Then feel free to email us Here:-
JOINING US and other Membership Enquiries
There are many reasons why we thinkyou should join Goyt Valley Striders; benefits include:-
- Regular news updates to members
- Competitively priced membership
- Affiliation to the UK Athletics (No unattached fee when entering races)
- Regular training sessions
- Social events, away days and weekend trips
- Find out about many more routes & paths in our local area
- Get advice and tips from fellow runners
- Chance to purchase GVS club vest!
- Training as part of a group is much more fun than alone
- ...and of course much, much, more.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS- Ready to join us?
You can of course "give us a try". Why not come along to one of our sessions and introduce yourself.
Best one for trying us out is the Tuesday evevening session. For beginners or social runners try the Saturday morning session. (see training page).
After you have been a couple of times or so and intend coming along to more, we would normally expect you to become a member. Membership starts at the very reasonable rate of £10 p/a
Basic Club Membership Fee: £10.00
Membership Fee With affiliation to UK Athletics: £26.00
You can download an application form (Adobe .pdf) Click/Tap Here:-
You can download an application form (Word.docx) Click/Tap Here:-
Once completed please return your form to our membeship secretary (Address and payment details on application form) Once received we will be send a link so you can make an online payment. Note: we are also happy to accept this form emailed back to us once completed
Membership Secretary Contact:
Tel: 0161 368 9391
Membership email Click/Tap:-
Contacting the Strider Editor
The Strider Editor Peter Fotheringham welcomes contributions for other members, You can contact him by clicking
Other Useful Contacts